Healthy Snack Ideas
What’s a good snack?
I get asked this question all the time. There’s so much information out there, much of it conflicting, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. In hopes of bringing clarity, I’ve created a list of 25 healthy snacks categorized based on your food preferences. Enjoy!
25 Healthy Snacks
If you like nut butter:
1. 1 apple, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
2. 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1 slice whole grain bread
3. 5 celery stalks, spoonful almond butter
4. 1 sliced banana, 1 tbsp cashew butter
5. 5 whole grain crackers, tbsp almond butter
If you eat dairy:
6. butternut squash soup with feta
7. greek yogurt with your favorite fruit added
8. low-fat cottage cheese topped with berries
9. parmesan cheese and mini pumpernickel bread
10. string cheese and an orange
If you need more vegetables:
11. vegetable sticks, 1 hard boiled egg
12. small greek salad
13. 1 cup raw broccoli dipped in hummus
14. beet, carrot, kale pressed juice
15. cucumbers with vinegar sprinkled with nuts
If you like fruit:
16. grapefruit with an hard-boiled egg
17. baked apples with cinnamon
18. mixed fruit bowl with slivered almonds
19. pear slices added to a tuna bowl
20. fruit smoothie with protein
If you love everything:
21. grapes with some cheese or yogurt
22. pea protein fruit smoothie
23. 2 cups air popped corn
24. avocado and sea salt with a piece of bread
25. 1/2 cup oatmeal with cinnamon
Tips & Reminders
1. Are you hungry or are you thirsty? Hydrate first.
2. Feeling guilty about eating will do you NO good.
3. Hummus, peanut butter, and avocado are healthy, but it’s easy to over consume them. Be aware of your portion size.
4. Wine is not a snack. 🙂
I hope you found some new snack ideas to add to your plate. ♡ angel
Welcome to Fit & Hungry Club! We exercise to love on our bodies. Here you will find everything you need to feel your best. Mobility; Conditioning, Nutrition; and Mindset Tips. If you have questions or suggestions, leave a comment below. I love hearing from you. xo, angel