This has been a journey of several thousand miles. For real. Motorbike adventures through Vietnam, overnight trains in Thailand, Burmese pick up trucks, suspicious Malaysian taxis, and spotless Singapore buses. I’ve spent a lot of time watching worlds go by.
On long trips, I daydream, write, read e-books, and listen to music. Below, you will find a few songs from my “travel” playlist. Instructions for use included.
1. Baby I’m Yours – Breakbot. This is for grooving.
2. Let it Ride – Robert Glasper. This is for letting go.
3. Can’t Take My Eyes Off You – Boys Town Gang. This is for adoring.
4. Swoon – Rising Appalachia. This is for the moment before.
5. Never Catch Me – Flying Lotus. This is for creativity.
6. Nobody to Love – Charlie Wilson. This is for feeling your feelings.
7. Songs from Woody Allen Films. This is for everything.
In other news, today, I ate a bowl of “potato” soup (I never really know what I’m eating) and a bag of jackfruit large enough to feed several people. Asia has not suppressed my appetite. Still greedy.
What did you eat today? What song do you ride to?