Tomorrow is the big race, the qualifier for the Duathlon World Championships. I’d like to tell you I’m in the best shape of my life but I’m far from it. Here’s the story, in a list:
1. 3 months ago I injured my achilles.
2. Every step caused severe pain.
3. I did not tell you because I was in denial.
4. A PT instructed me to stop running.
5. I obeyed the orders and focused on bike training.
6. Due to minor pain while biking, I went to see another PT.
7. He told me I had the achilles issue and a torn hamstring.
8. In the last 3 months, I haven’t ran more than one mile.
9. At tomorrow’s race, I will have to run 13.2 miles.
10. Miracles do happen, right?
Currently, I’m in my hotel room filled with a pinwheel of emotions. I’m nervous, tense, distracted, and occasionally optimistic. I have no idea what tomorrow will bring.