It’s late at night. Normal people are in bed. Why aren’t you?
“I’ve got one more section.”
“I need to send one more email.”
“Let me check one more thing.”
If you’re like me, “one more” always leads to one more. Then, one more. What time is it? Past your bedtime, booski. To break this pattern, use an alarm to signal a stopping point or play music. The latter works best for me because of my connection to it. If a song is supposed to make me feel a certain way, re: sleepy, I usually do.
This is the “I’m going to bed right after I finish this” playlist. Use it to prepare work notes, twist your hair, or make baloney sandwiches. This playlist has enough energy for task completion but not much else. By the end, you should be slow dancing your way to the bedroom.
1. Pretty Girls – Little Dragon
2. The Journey – Tom Misch
3. Stay the Same ft. Andreya – Bonobo
4. Jazz Hop – Gas Lab & Traum Diggs
5. Someone Out of Town – Yuna
6. Mona Ki Ngi Xica – Bonga
7. Autumn Leaves – Charlie Rouse & Julius Watkins
8. I’ll Be Seeing You – Billie Holiday
9. Tenderly – Jackie Gleason
You can listen to the playlist on my youtube.
Two questions: What song makes you sleepy? When was the last time you slow danced?
1. Booski: a term of endearment; typically refers to a significant other or close friend.
2. There’s no way you still eat baloney, right? Do we even know what baloney is?!
3. I love reading your comments. Keep them coming.