The run down.
1. The Bangkok metro is bright, clean, economical, and easy to follow. The best public transportation experience I’ve ever had.
2. If you have a shopping addiction, Bangkok will help that along quite nicely. I’ve never seen so many things.
3. Taxis, tuk tuks, motorbikes, oh my! The traffic here is awful, and fascinating. All of those moving parts and nary a fender bender. Is that not fascinating?!
4. Starbucks is omnipotent.
5. There’s a 6am techno aerobics class in the park. There are tons of Asians (median age: 68) exercising to remixes of Maroon 5 songs. The instructor is in her 20’s. She wears a polka dotted leotard with leg warmers. Everyone involved is fully engaged. I’m not sure anything will top this.
6. You don’t need to see a temple – until you see a temple.
Has your impression of a place ever differed from the majority?